Rice is an increasingly important crop in Nigeria and argued to be the most consumed staple food in Nigeria and Africa. Usually grown for the purpose of human consumption, Rice are grown in paddies and also grown either in lowlands or uplands. Nigeria is the continent’s leading consumer of rice, one of the largest producers of rice in Africa and simultaneously one of the largest rice importers in the world. With the demand for rice increasing every day, Nigeria is estimated to be producing averagely 10.7 million metric tons yearly even though Nigeria imported three million metric tons of rice in 2018, which is 400,000 metric tons more than the quantity of the product imported in 2017, according to the 2018 United States Department of Agriculture World Markets and Trade Report.
Your investment into our rice farm covers the following:
1. Renting of the farmland.
2. Farm mechanization services.
3. Farm inputs which includes high quality seeds, pesticides, and fertilizers.
4. Cost of farm labour services.
5. Insurance from Leadway Assurance Company Limited to cover the farms throughout the farming cycle.
Farm Cycle: 6 Months.
Farm Location: Nasarawa State.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Allows you grow your food and funds sustainably
3. Scale-up the number of farmers that will be producing food consequently resulting in food sufficiency.
4. Contribute to the reduction of the unemployable youths in the country who will be gainfully employed by farmers.
5. Have food products delivered to you at the end of the farmcycle (Terms & Conditions applies).